Thursday, June 12, 2008

Counterfeit items on EBay, and why you should care.

So, I just contacted a bunch of people who won the same auction as me, and sent this message:

Hi there. I am contacting you because you won an auction from nrbarish for Final Fantasy VI Advance.

I also bought this item from him, and I was sent a counterfeit game. I imagine that your copy was counterfeit also. You can read more of how to spot a counterfeit item on my blog at http://jaqenn.blogspot.com/2008/06/i-got-sold-counterfeit-copy-of-final.html

It is my opinion that nrbarish knew that this was a counterfeit game when he sold it to us. I find this unacceptable, and so should you.

Please consider contacting him and asking for your money back. If he fails to respond, please use the paypal resolution center to open a complaint and get your money back. Please also report him to EBay at the 'report unauthorized copies' page.

Why do I care? If he keeps making money selling counterfeits, he'll keep selling even if he gets caught sometimes. If he loses money selling counterfeits, maybe he'll stop, which will make EBay a better place.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the e-mail. I'll be sure to use your inspection guide when my copy arrives.